New Cupcakes
Cupcakes design
Cake Design
Funny CUpcakes
How To cook
Animal Cupcakes
Cupcakes Art
sunbean Cupcakes
Gift Cupcakes
Simple Cupcakes
Dot CUpcakes
colorfull Cupcakes
Yummy Cupcakes
Cupcakes hands

Ombre Beach Cake with Sand Dollars

Have you ever walked on the beach at sunset?

It is one of my absolute favorite things to do.
I love the sound of the waves, the sand under my feet, the seagulls swooping by.
I love picking up shells and occasionally spotting a dolphin in the water.
 
Being a Florida girl, I have spent most of my life a short distance from the ocean.
The years that I spent living in a landlocked state, I missed the beach SO much!

 
This beach cake would be perfect for a summer party!

It combines an ombre frosting design, brown sugar sand
and white chocolate sand dollars.

To make the sand dollars, print out this template:
 

Tape your template on to a piece of cardboard or the back of a cookie sheet.
Tape wax paper over the template.

Melt some white candy melts and put them in a decorating bag with a small round tip,
or a ziploc bag with the corner snipped off.

Trace the sand dollar outline with the candy melts,
then go around each hole. Last, fill in the empty space.


Place your sand dollars in the fridge to set up.
When they are hard, pipe a little star shape on the top of each one.


Divide a batch of white frosting into 3 bowls.
Color them 3 different shades of blue (I used Wilton Sky Blue coloring gel).


Using a small spatula, spread the darkest frosting on the bottom 1/3 of your cake.
Spread the medium color in the middle, and the lightest color on the top of the cake.
Use an upward curving motion with your spatula to make waves.

Sprinkle brown sugar around the base of your cake to make sand.
(You could also use crushed graham crackers.)


Arrange the sand dollars around the base of your cake.


 I can just hear the ocean waves now!


 Enjoy!

 I share my recipes & tutorials at these fun link parties.
 
This post was featured!
They are talking about me at CraftGossip.comKitchenFun
TidyMommop it up mondays featureSeven Alive





Cupcake style
Little Cake
Ice cakes
Smooth Cupcakes
Disney Cupcakes
Simple Cakes
Cupcakes tart
Pink Cupcakes
Mini Cupcakes
Rainbow Cupcakes
Peanuts CUpcakes
Cupcakes Maker
Duck Cupcakes
Vanilla Cupcakes

Popular Posts