New Cupcakes
Cupcakes design
Cake Design
Funny CUpcakes
How To cook
Animal Cupcakes
Cupcakes Art
sunbean Cupcakes
Gift Cupcakes
Simple Cupcakes
Dot CUpcakes
colorfull Cupcakes
Yummy Cupcakes
Cupcakes hands

Harry the Spider


Meet Harry the Spider...


He was inspired by the cute spider on top of this cake. I love how he turned out!
I used a Wilton #233 decorating tip, which does not require a steady hand or a high degree of accuracy. This tip is intended for making grass, but makes excellent hair or fur.

I made the legs with green candy melts.
I made the eyes with some leftover chocolate Easter eggs (don't judge me!)
that I dipped in white chocolate and topped with orange M&M's.

(He reminds me of a Fry Guy. Does anyone else remember them?)


Harry has a little secret.
He isn't made of cake.
He is a giant Rice Krispie treat! A chocolate one, at that.


I recently found this recipe for making Spider Krispie treats.
I can't believe it had never occurred to me to make Rice Krispies treats with Cocoa Krispies. What a brilliant idea! I'm a chocolate lover, so I had to try it out.

To make Harry, I pressed the warm cereal & marshmallow mixture into a bowl.
When it was cool and set, I popped it out and used a knife to make the shape more round.
Then I covered him with purple buttercream frosting.


 It may not look pretty, but it sure tastes good!

Enjoy!

I linked up here:
The 36th Avenue
Strut Your Stuff Link Party 
House of Hepworths 
Catch A Glimpse Thursday
Fireflies and Jellybeans  
30 Days Pity Party 
Delicately Constructed Friday 
Tatertots & Jello 
Once Upon A Weekend 
Sundae Scoop Link Party 
Craft-O-Maniac
Tuesday To Do Party 
Project Queen 
Cupcake style
Little Cake
Ice cakes
Smooth Cupcakes
Disney Cupcakes
Simple Cakes
Cupcakes tart
Pink Cupcakes
Mini Cupcakes
Rainbow Cupcakes
Peanuts CUpcakes
Cupcakes Maker
Duck Cupcakes
Vanilla Cupcakes

Popular Posts