New Cupcakes
Cupcakes design
Cake Design
Funny CUpcakes
How To cook
Animal Cupcakes
Cupcakes Art
sunbean Cupcakes
Gift Cupcakes
Simple Cupcakes
Dot CUpcakes
colorfull Cupcakes
Yummy Cupcakes
Cupcakes hands

Coconut Lime Cupcakes

I have a love/hate relationship with coconut.

I just love the flavor...delicious!!
But I hate the texture of shredded coconut.

Which is exactly why I am swooning over these cupcakes.
They are full of yummy coconut flavor, without that texture.
I used canned coconut milk and coconut extract for this recipe.

Plus, they have a splash of lime for even more tropical goodness!


 Coconut Lime Cupcakes
by Bird On A Cake
Yield: 16-18 cupcakes

Coconut Lime Cupcakes
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk
  • 2 teaspoons lime zest
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
  • 3 cups powdered sugar

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add sugar, oil, lime juice and coconut extract; mix well. Add half of flour mixture, beat. Add half of coconut milk, beat. Add remainder of flour, then remainder of coconut milk, beating after each addition. Mix in lime zest. Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool on a rack.

In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add coconut extract and mix well. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, and beat until fluffy.
Powered by Recipage
  

I love this combination of flavors,
and the coconut cream cheese frosting is SO good!

TIP: Garnish each cupcake with a lime slice,
and squeeze the lime over the cupcake before you eat it.
You will thank me for this!


 I am including this next photo just for fun...
While I was taking photos outside, I had a little visitor.

She liked my cupcakes. :0)


These cupcakes would be great for a tropical theme or beach party.
Enjoy!

Looking for more recipes with lime? Check out my Key Lime Cake!

 I share my recipes & tutorials at these fun link parties.

This post was featured!

Seven Alive
Cupcake style
Little Cake
Ice cakes
Smooth Cupcakes
Disney Cupcakes
Simple Cakes
Cupcakes tart
Pink Cupcakes
Mini Cupcakes
Rainbow Cupcakes
Peanuts CUpcakes
Cupcakes Maker
Duck Cupcakes
Vanilla Cupcakes

Popular Posts