New Cupcakes
Cupcakes design
Cake Design
Funny CUpcakes
How To cook
Animal Cupcakes
Cupcakes Art
sunbean Cupcakes
Gift Cupcakes
Simple Cupcakes
Dot CUpcakes
colorfull Cupcakes
Yummy Cupcakes
Cupcakes hands

Cupcake Activist Review: Butter and Me Bakeshop

What to know what's torture? Buying cupcakes you can't eat for 1-1/2 days!

But sometimes that's what you gotta do to have cupcakes waiting for you when you need them.

When I was in Arizona last month, I scouted out several cupcake shops to reward myself for finishing an Ironman. That's what I like to do: burn calories so I can eat them. I was excited to find a few cupcake shops within a close distance of our hotel in Scottsdale. One of them being Butter & Me Bakeshop.


Butter & Me is a new bakery in the Old Town Scottsdale area. When I walked in I felt like I was in the middle of a homey kitchen. I loved the open space with only a countertop to separate the baking from the customers.


It was the end of the day when I stopped by, so they didn't have a large selection of cupcakes to choose from. I took one of each of the remaining flavors: Gingerbread with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, Blueberry lemon with blueberry compote, and wow, I totally forgot the third flavor (maybe chocolate & vanilla?). I guess that happens when my head is in a completely different place, such as mentally preparing for an Ironman the next day.

I'm not supposed to eat any sugar for a week or so before the race, which is why the tasting had to wait until the next day. BUT I might have taken a small swipe of frosting to get me motivated. Yum...frosting!

Keep in mind that I waited a day to eat these cupcakes. That being said, these cupcakes were a bit dry. The frosting didn't cover the entire top and all exposed areas were dry. I hate when that happens. Bakers just need to add more frosting! And I would definitely vote yes for more frosting because it was my favorite part of the cupcake (it usually is)! All of the frostings were very sweet, something I like on some cupcakes. Other people don't like this, but I think it works in the right situation. I love gingerbread cupcakes and this was my first of the season. The blueberry compote was a bit lacking in the blueberry lemon cupcake.

Overall: I have a positive vibe when I think of Butter & Me Bakeshop. They are new and have some kinks to work out, but I think they are headed in the right direction. I would definitely like to try them again earlier in the day so I can taste fresh cupcakes. I would also like to see what other flavors they offer and what other goodies they make. You should definitely check them out.



Butter & Me Bakeshop
4014 N. Goldwater Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
480-363-2859
Cupcake style
Little Cake
Ice cakes
Smooth Cupcakes
Disney Cupcakes
Simple Cakes
Cupcakes tart
Pink Cupcakes
Mini Cupcakes
Rainbow Cupcakes
Peanuts CUpcakes
Cupcakes Maker
Duck Cupcakes
Vanilla Cupcakes

Popular Posts